Welcome to the Arizona Archives Alliance (AzAA) blog! If you would like to be featured on the AzAA blog regarding the archival work you or your institution is doing please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This month we feature an overview of the Arizona Archives Virtual Summit that took place in February 2021. For those unfamiliar with the annual summit, it is a two-day workshop sponsored by the Arizona Historical Records Advisory Board (AHRAB) with the support from AzAA. This event is usually an opportunity for archivists from around the State of Arizona to get together, network and participate in professional presentations and discussions.
Due to COVID-19 the 2021 AzAA Summit was held virtually via Zoom with two sessions held every Thursday in the month of February. These sessions included:
- Documenting the Year 2020: A Discussion
- Certifications in Archives and Records Management
- Records Management & Information Governance: A Brief Introduction
- Managing COVID in the Archival Workplace
- Emerging Technologies in Archives and Records Management
- Update on Native American Protocols
- Special Archives (Museum, Corporate, Political)
- Black Culture and History in Arizona
We thank all the panelists from this year’s summit for their expertise and willingness to be a part of this virtual summit. To learn more about AzAA’s annual summit please visit our website where you can find links to previous agendas from past summits. And if you would like to learn more about the 2021 virtual summit and details of the panels and panelist please click here.